As a reaction to the growing problem of text spam, T-Mobile has added a service that allows you to add filters to incoming messages and prevent specific numbers from sending SMSes or emailing your @tmomail address.
How do I block text messages from an unwanted number to my T-Mobile address?
NOTE: Filters allow customers to manage the delivery of text messages and e-mails to their handset. Currently, these filters will not block regular text messages or instant messages. They will only work for messages sent to a tmomail.net address.
To block text messages from an unwanted number, perform the following steps:
1. Go to My T-Mobile and log in.
2. Select COMMUNICATION TOOLS.
3. Under RESOURCES, select Create email filters on the right-hand side of the page.
4. Select CREATE FILTER. A Create/Edit a new filter form will become available here.
5. Depending on what needs to be filtered, select the appropriate items from the drop-down menus and type the information.
* To block a specific address, use the From field.
* To block a specific topic, use Subject.
6. Click Save.