Here’s a handy instructional video to walk you through the process.
Below you will find our written step-by-step instructions for you to follow. Before performing these steps, please make sure you have logged into your Wisephone, are connected to a strong WiFi network, and have updated to the most recent software version.
1. You will first import the contacts into your Family Portal by clicking on 'Import Contacts' and selecting Apple Id.
2. From there you can click on "Apple ID account page".
3. Then you will want to click on sign in.
4. After you have entered your login credentials you most likely will have to enter the 6-digit authenticator code. Once you are logged in you will be on the main dashboard where you can click on "App-Specific Passwords".
5. Click on "Generate an app-specific password"
6. You will need to title your app-specific password and click Create
Note: In this example, it has been labeled Techless Contacts
7. Enter your APPLE ID password and click Continue
8. Copy the generated password and click done. Then navigate back over to your Family Portal Page/Tab.
9. Paste the Password you copied into the password box and enter your iCloud username. Now click Sign in.
10. The window will load for a few seconds and then close out. A new window will pop up if your login was successful and in the top right-hand corner saying your contacts are importing.
* If your contacts do not appear on your Wisephone after 10 minutes, please move on to step 11
11. The next step is to sync the contacts to your phone from the Portal if they did not load already.
- Within your Family Portal, select the user whose contacts you want to sync
go to Contacts > Settings > Sync Contacts > Sync
- On your phone go to Settings > About and select Manual Portal Sync towards the middle of the screen
Select Sync Now at the bottom of the screen. Wait about 2 minutes and then back out of this screen.
- Your contacts should now be viewable on your device!