The following information summarizes the technical details included in the WiseOS 2.2.11 update, released on February 22, 2023.
Multiple enhancements as well as several bug fixes have been included in this update for a better user experience. Among them, is the ability to update your Wisephone more easily. Going forward, you’ll now see a new dot show up by the Settings Tool on your home screen. Once you tap on Settings, you'll see a simple way to get the latest updates to your Wisephone at the top of your screen.
*The WiseOS Version will vary depending on the package that is needing to be downloaded/installed.
NOTE: WiseOS updates are done incrementally, which means that you will need to install
each update in order, one after the other, until you reach the latest version. The
notification dot will remain until the WiseOS is fully updated to the latest version.
*Successful 2.2.11 OS Tool Version About screen*
As part of the fixes, we squashed two pretty sizable bugs that many of you have run into. The first is that some of you have had trouble synchronizing with the family portal - tools, contacts, and pin changes - so that's now solved. But the bigger one that many of you have been really frustrated by is the echo when you’re making a phone call. We know how difficult it’s been for many of you to deal with this, and have ourselves been frustrated at how challenging it’s been to fix the problem - but it’s finally fixed.
New Music Tool
The Wisephone Music tool is a minimalist app that can play all the music on your device and is designed without annoying ads or unnecessary features that use a lot of RAM.
The controls are similar to other music players, so you can easily play all your favorite songs, and it can also run in the background, allowing you to use your device while still enjoying your music.
You'll be able to enjoy the richness of your favorite music and podcasts when you have update to the latest WiseOS. With this file-based app, you'll download MP3s and podcasts to create playlists then skip, shuffle, and sort libraries by albums, artists, or tracks.
Uploading Music (via USB): Tunes are loaded into the Music Player by means of a USB cable connection to your computer. There is no software to install. It is compatible with all systems which support USB 'plug and play' devices (Apple, Microsoft, Linux, etc.) Once the phone is recognized by the computer then it operates like a standard USB stick or external memory device. Copy your music files from the computer to the Phone via 'cut and paste' or 'drag and drop'. Music can be individually uploaded or deleted at any time using this method.
*You will need to toggle this Tool on from your Restrictions screen after you have successfully installed the update.
- Phone calls have great call quality now - with speaker on or off
- Other sounds like Alarms, message tones, and ringtones sound clearer as well
- The mute option has been fixed
- Outgoing calls now work with Bluetooth headsets
- Music can be enjoyed through your Bluetooth headset
- Enhanced user experience for Phone and Message notifications. If a user gets any missed calls or unread messages, we ensured the notification dots on the home screen were displaying properly
*Our team is actively working on revamping the notifications for voicemails
~Thank you for your patience!~
Family Portal Synchronization
- Changes made to the Tools and PIN now sync between Family Portal and Wisephone
- Contacts now sync correctly between Family Portal and Wisephone
Additional Items: (improvements made on previous updates)
- New Photos Tool that houses all of your photos and videos
- New Notes Tool - a simple app that allows you to capture your thoughts and organize your notes. It gives you a quick and simple notepad editing experience while writing notes, to-do lists, shopping lists, memos, etc. It makes it easy to write/edit notes at any time & anywhere
- Camera Tool upgraded - Better picture resolution, depth, and color definition. Timer and Flash control added
- Ability to Export photos and videos - now you can simply plug your Wisephone into your computer and export all of your favorite photos and videos
- Keyboard and haptics improved
If you are experiencing an odd glitch after your phone has rebooted, we ask that you please first try "restarting" your device before reaching out to us for troubleshooting.
We're so incredibly thankful for your grace and patience with us as we try to make the best experience possible for you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-675-1820 to report an issue or share feedback with us.